Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Raven in Flowers 20x15" ink on illustration board

Raven in Flowers 20 x 15 inches on illustration board.
Sale price: $500 (includes shipping) original, without frame.

This took me a long time to finish. I wanted to see if I could do it, so I did it, I’m happy with the work as far as I see. Eventually, it became kind of a Mandela, a maze, that I followed through, line by line, point by point. I tried to create some drama in the tonality, by developing the contrast between dark and light. I didn't want to totally add colour, but instead use it to highlight some of the objects in the work. This was hard, I really missed my paints, but it was a good exercise for me. I need to do this from time to time and this will go into my collection of works as part of my “in the woods” body of work.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete