Monday, May 5, 2014

Work in Progress


This painting is a work in progress, where I am exploring the mythological wood. I have been thinking a lot about animism: The idea that everything has a spirit. I definitely feel that way about woods. All through my life the woods have been my go to place, especially when things got tough at home or in school.  I felt as if I had come to a safe place, a magical place that would protect me from all the bad things in life. Still to this day I love the forest, I love trees, and I love to breathe in fresh air when I walk through the woods. I'm going to continue to do so as I move forward. This piece needs to dry a bit before I finish it off, I'm going to have to start something new this week. I have been pushing myself to do more, expect more from myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment