Monday, October 1, 2012

Awakening-


Bench in ice, on the banks of the Humber River in Toronto, Ontario.
Painting for sale- Oil paint on canvas. size: 22 x 30 "

I read an article that cited that successful artists are ones who constantly let the world know what's going on in their lives. This is the first blog that I've ever created that focuses directly on my art, and my life as an artist. I just am on the verge of graduating from George Brown with my Fine Art painting certificate, and to be frank I'm a little scared. However, I'm just one of those people who keep on moving forward. I've got a room of my own for painting, I have an easel and a drafting table and now, thanks to the graphic arts company around the corner I even have a cubby-hole cabinet  house my drawings. Awesome really. This is the latest picture I painted that's currently listed on Ebay. I'm going to try Craigs list too, like, what do I have to lose?
This picture is the second attempt that I've made painting the same subject. I did do this painting for the square foot show a few years back, but I thought I would try my hand at making a larger painting.

This painting marks the start of my desire to become an artist again. I took the picture March 2005. I was walking my dog around the Humber River in Toronto and noticed that the ice spilled over into the ground in a spectacular manner. The ice sparkled in the bright sunlight. It was then that I knew I wanted to be an fine artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment